Secondary School (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Established in 1836 in Saint John, NB as T. McAvity & Sons, Clow Canada is the only national manufacture of fire hydrants, valves and ancillary products for the waterworks industry in Canada. We have a distribution center located in Medicine, Alberta. Clow Canada is wholly owned by McWane Inc. one of the largest manufactures of fire hydrants, valves and cast-iron pipe in North America.
Clow Canada now has an immediate opening for a Material Handler in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
Responsible for preparing orders, operating a forklift, loading and unloading trucks and maintaining a clean safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety programs and embrace our safety culture.
- Operate material handling equipment safely (i.e pallet jack, forklift and skid steer).
- Loading/off-loading transport trucks.
- Managing and organizing inventory's.
- Pick and pack orders for shipment efficiently.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Perform various maintenance jobs and small repairs when required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Lift up to 50+ lbs throughout the day.
Education and Skills
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- High attention to detail.
- Forklift and warehouse experience preferred.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and be reliable.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team building skills at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to learning and professional development demonstrated by appropriate education and training.
- Ability to embrace a strong safety culture.
Submit your resume with a cover letter no later than July 27, 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- drivers license (required)